Layout settings not saved

When I close and open the software, the layout of my platform has not been saved. The charts are there but not the windows for data, market watch, navigator or terminal. Also, all the toolbars are closed along with the status bar not being visible anymore... nothing is visible except for the charts.

I have tried saving a new profile and resaving the default profile. Is there a setting to save the layout somewhere?

Thanks for any help.

When I close and open the software, the layout of my platform has not been saved. The charts are there but not the windows for data, market watch, navigator or terminal. Also, all the toolbars are closed along with the status bar not being visible anymore... nothing is visible except for the charts.

I have tried saving a new profile and resaving the default profile. Is there a setting to save the layout somewhere?

Thanks for any help.

Try closing Metatrader4, renaming the terminal.ini file in the "config" folder to terminal.old and restarting the application to regenerate a new terminal.ini file.

[/quote]

Try closing Metatrader4, renaming the terminal.ini file in the "config" folder to terminal.old and restarting the application to regenerate a new terminal.ini file.
[/quote]

I had the same problem so I tried this. Although - WARNING: it was necessary to set up my charts' arrangement from scratch as this method caused EVERYTHING to open up. My last shown charts were now very small and had to be resized. I don't normally keep all the windows that everfree uses, but I do use the toolbars. I closed MT4 and reopened it and everything was working as normal. Thx for this fix Desmond.

DesmondFEmmett :

Thanks for any help.

Try closing MetaTrader4, renaming the terminal.ini file in the "config" folder to terminal.old and restarting the application to regenerate a new terminal.ini file.

I am a newbie at this, trying to learn the look and feel of the screen settings, I lost my marketwatch settings and cannot restore them. Is there no "go back" button on the menu to correct your non-trading errors? I thought I would reopen the terminal and start afresh, but I get the same old screen. Please help.

I am a newbie at this, trying to learn the look and feel of the screen settings, I lost my marketwatch settings and cannot restore them. Is there no "go back" button on the menu to correct your non-trading errors? I thought I would reopen the terminal and start afresh, but I get the same old screen. Please help

I lost my marketwatch settings

view -> marketwatch

everfree :

It looks like you activated a Full Screen mode (pressed F11). Just press F11 again.

Forex Trader #:

It looks like you activated a Full Screen mode (pressed F11). Just press F11 again.

That was it... so it was saving the configuration, but always restarted in full screen mode.

Thank you
Reason: