DDE data to Metastock 9

I have seen posts from 2004 that indicate that it is possible to get streaming data from Metatrader to Metastock via a free hyperlite service. However I have been told that is no longer possible. Could someone please enlighten me as to whether this can still be done and if so how? Also is the procedure possible in Metatrader 4 also?
Also is it possible to get historical data. Eg: The last 500 4 hour OHLC?

Yeah it works great.

You will need to get hyperserver lite for metatrader. Then In hyperserver lite you will need to enter the IP, AccName, and password. In MS9 pro you will need to create securities and they will need to be caled GBPUSD, EURUSD,etc and have them as 1 min charts.

Also you will need to get online downloader Metastock edition for metatrader. So that you can get Historical data.

So install MS PRO 9, then Hyperserver lite Metastock edition for metatrader, and online downloader Metastock edition for metatrader.

Start MSP9 and hyperserver will automaticaly start. Create new security eg GBPUSD, 1 min chart. and save it in the realtime folder. Then open up the Online downloder and download the historical data for it. You can work out the rest.

Thats about it.

Most of the info is available on the Hyperserver forum anyways, but it can be done.

Thanks heaps Paradox. It sounds perfect. However, I cannot seem to get the realtime data working. I have posted a question on the hypertrader site, but I include it below in case you or someone else here might know the answer. Also a couple of further queries:
Should I be using the exact same symbol/file for the realtime as for the online downloader historical data or should they be different?
For the symbol name I am using just the pair name eg: "GBPUSD". Is that correct or should it be something else?

Post on hypertrader forum:
"I have installed hypertrader lite for metastock to get metatrader 4 data. I have the account setup and I have created a realtime folder into which I created a currency pair "GBPUSD" and set it at 1 minute. Metastock can open the file created by hypertrader lite but there is no data.
In hyperserver realtime monitor, the symbol is listed, however, it sits with "loading" in the volume column and never gets data into any of the other columns.
I have also noticed that the "Free Tools Partners" window is blank. The pc has no firewall, but I do go through a linux box with NAT and a firewall on that box. Is there any unusual ports that need opening or forwarding? (I have outbound access to port 1950 as Metatrader 4 itself has no problem receiving data.)
The hyperserver log is also empty.
Could you please advise what the likely problem is."

Thanks

Linton

The symbol names have to be the same as the appera in Metatrader, so your GBPUSD is correct. and then you would have EURUSD, USDJPY, and so on.

Am have you enterd the IP adress and your account name and password into heyperserver lite? Because the "loading" staement is that its getting no connection. Recheck the ip adress of the server. Or start up metatrade and create an account witht the Metaquotes server. Then when you launch HSL enter the ip adress and your account details and see if it connects. If not reinstall HSL and see if it makes a difference.

For me it worked first go with no problems. But i dont use it anymore becuse MT hase all the tradeing indicators that I need as I reprogramed my MS ones.

But yeah, recheck the IP, Acc Name and password. The default port on HSL for MS MT is 1950. If no go reinstall HSL and see how you go.

Good luck..

Thanks mate. Have done all the above and cant get it to work :-( I am using metatrader 4 with the trial password for that.) Have tried both full password and the read only one.
Was it Metatrader 4 that you were using with it? If not maybe thats my problem. What do you think?

read-only password is guest-password i.e. password for investor, potential investor, observer and so on

Yaaaaay. I have it working!
Ta Slawa, I guessed so but it didnt work with either.
I have setup a demo account with "Strategy builder" on the 3.86 platform now, and if I use the u: p: and ip for that I can get it to work. So I am guessing the the demo accounts for the MT4 don't work with it.
But on the brighter side, the strategy tester works in 3.86 so now I am keen to learn how to program this beast and test my strategies out. It looks great, now that I have it, I might not even need my metastock after all :-)
Cheers Paradox for all your help and good luck with your trading....

Just had a reply on the Hypertrader site so I am putting it here to keep this thread complete. Metatrader 4 at this time does not have the completed API and as such does not work worth Hypertrader yet.

Does this mean it is not possible to integrate MetaTrader 4 in Metastock 7 for instance.
And Metatrader 3? Metaquotes does work...

I tried to use hypertrader, not sucessfull :(
Where could I get a tutorial?

In fact I cant even see quotes on realtime monitor...

Can anyone give me some hints?
Thank you

Ulf
Reason: