praise, one possible bug and some suggestions - page 3

You're welcome.

You have ecellent code quality ... with most other programs I find bugs within hours and with MT it had taken me days of intense use to find this little problem. It is one of the best programs of I have ever used.

Markus

Slawa :
thanx for found bug!

Has this issue been resolved with a patch, or have the various cases where this bug occurs been documented? I am having this problem as well, but conversion of bool parameters to int parameters has not resolved it. Are there other parameter types that should be avoided?

Thanks,

MM

Shimodax :

Hello!

Let me first say, that MetaTrader 4 is on of the finest pieces of software I have ever seen in any field. I'm a software developer myself and probably look software differently, but I really get a kick out of this program just by using it. It thoughtful, it is well designed, not a pixel or field out of place and a dream to program (especially for a C++ guy like me). Excellent job done and every dollar earned (by selling it) well deserved!

So much for the praise, but I have a couple of comments anyway. :-)

iCustom: I'm using a iCustom call in an Expert. In the Journal I get tons of "indicator loaded" messages (seems to be one for each tick) and at the end of the Expert/Journal ther are tons of "indicator unloaded" messages.

Help File: I did look for a way to pass variables by reference for some time. I eventually found it in a sample but it would probably be a good idea to add this to the "function definition" chapter in the help file.

Suggestion: What would be nice is if there would be a way to chang the order of symbols in the Market Watch. I usually deal only a few major pairs (3-5 maybe) and defining the order and maybe allowing a bigger font would be nice.

Suggestion#2: Display SL and TP lines in the Chart window (for active orders) in different colors or make colors user defined. And maybe just with a dotted line instead of dash-dot.

Suggestion#3: Allow a Default Chart profile which is used by all charts which are opened for the first time or at least for the "Show Chart" window in the Backtester. I'm doing a lot of backtesting and did not find a way to change the style in which these come up and when aplying a chart template to this window the Buy/Sell symbols are lost.

Okay, so much for now ... as said this is an excellent program and please take the suggestions as just what they are: suggestions. I don't need an answer on these (except if the feature is already there and I missed it), but I'd like to know about the iCustom thing.

Many thanks and keep up the good work

Markus

Hi Markus,

I have your SDX Indicator,

Can you please tell me where you draw your fib levels from?

are you able to combine another indicator that I have with it?

Please let me know how I can contact you (if possible) in a more direct way.

you can reach me at stuart.coomber@btinternet.com or skype me at stuarts999

Please do contact me,

With Kind regards

Stuart.

Reason: