"Terminal" is a multifunctional window allowing to access to various terminal features. This window allows to control over trading activities, view news and account history, set up alerts, and work with the internal mail and system journal. The window can be opened by the "View Terminals" menu command, by pressing of accelerating keys of Ctrl+T, or the button of the "Standard" toolbar. There are several tabs in the window:
- Trade in this tab, one can view the status of open positions and pending orders, as well as manage all trading activities. Besides, the total financial result for all open positions is published in this tab;
- Exposure this tab contains the summary information about the state of assets by all open positions;
- Account History history for all performed trade operations and balance without taking open positions into consideration are published here. The efficiency of all trade activities can be estimated with the results given in this tab;
- News all financial news incoming in the terminal can be viewed from this tab. This prompt information is indispensable for fundamental analysis;
- Alerts various alerts can be viewed and set here. Any files executable in the operational environment (including wave files) and messages to be sent by email can be used as alerts;
- Mailbox all message income in the terminal by internal email are stored here. Electronic messages are sent from here, as well;
- Company this tab displays a useful web page for a trader;
- Market buying or downloading applications from the market of MQL4 applications at MQL5.community.
- Signals this tab displays trading signals of the "Signals" service, which are available for subscription;
- Code Base here you can download any application published in the "Code Base" section of the MQL5.community website;
- Search this tab displays the result of searching through the client terminal;
- Expert Advisors information about functioning of the attached expert, including opening/closing of positions, order modifying, the expert's own messages, etc., are published in this tab;
- Journal information about terminal launching and about events during its operation, including all trade operations performed, is stored in the journal.
Attention: Some tabs of the "Terminal" window can be absent. This means that they are empty at the moment. For example, the "Expert Advisors" tab will be hidden until a message from MQL4 program incomes.